08 Apr Senior Property Accountant
Senior Property Accountant – Mississauga, ON
Are you looking for an interesting and challenging career opportunity? We are a dynamic mid-market real estate management firm looking for a qualified Sr. Property Accountant. The ideal candidate is a self-starter looking to grow – first into a supervisory role and then with training into management. You bring positive energy and enthusiasm and have a good understanding of the business. Candidates should have a minimum of 3 years’ experience.
Initially, you will be responsible for the monthly reporting for a portfolio of Condominium, Commercial and Multi-Res properties in support of the property management operations. The duties includes full cycle reporting, but with the support of an A/R team. Once you have mastered our systems and reporting style, you will start to help train and mentor junior staff and provide support to senior members on special projects. You will respond to manager enquiries, assist in the preparation of the annual budgets and from time to time, respond to and present to Boards. Canlight is committed to a personal development plan to facilitate your growth.
It is the responsibility of the Sr. Property Accountant to:
- Work effectively to promote the Company’s vision;
- Be a team player, utilizing skills and resources available through the Company to complete tasks for Senior Management
- Work to promote a positive work environment through helpful and thoughtful interaction with co-workers.
- Assist in ensuring quality control of all financial reports producedPROPERTY ACCOUNTANT
Day to day responsibilities initially include:
- Ensure that all invoices pertaining to the project for the applicable period, are entered into the accounting system as well as their payment at the appropriate time;
- On some projects: prepare the first of the month PAP, verify documents, record the changes, charges, receipts, EFT, transfer bank file;
- Prepare bank reconciliations;
- Record investment holdings, interest accrual and update investment schedule;
- Reconcile reserve fund investments to reserve fund equity;
- Review monthly cash position of each client to ensure that surplus cash is being invested where advisable and that cash shortages are reported;
- Prepare timely financial report packages, including review of variances, adjustments and supplementary reports for senior management and final release of the report to the client.
- Co-ordinate the year-end reporting process up to the release of the audited financial statements to the Board of Directors
- Review each project’s year-end financial position and statement of earnings, including preparation of year-end working papers;
- To liaise with auditors in a timely and organized manner and follow-up to ensure receipt of any adjusting and closing entries, while ensuring that all legislated time lines are met;
- Ensure preparation of any necessary governing agency filings and returns, as required.
- Set up new properties in Yardi Voyager
- Degree or Diploma in Accounting or Business equivalent
- 3 Years working experience in Property Accounting
- Experience with Yardi Voyager is a must
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel knowledge is key)
- Experience with the Condo , Commercial and Rental is an asset
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts and principles
- Well organized with ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills
Please forward your resume to email@example.com